Bridle Fitting and Sizes
Albion KB Bridle Sizes
Head Piece Size
(including cheek pieces):
1. Cob = 38″
2. Full = 41 3/4″
3. Extra Full = 46″
Brow Band Size:
1. Cob size = 15″
2. Full size = 16.5″
3. Extra Full = 17.5″
1. Cob = 23″
2. Full = 25″
3. Extra Full = 27″
Tips for Correct Fitting and Comfort
- Make sure the browband is not too tight and is not pulling the headpiece onto the back of the ears. The current trend is for the browband to be slightly loose.
- The throat lash must not be tight, as it will interfere with breathing and collection. To ensure comfort there should be enough room to place a clenched fist between the side of the horse’s cheek and throat lash.
- The buckles of the cheek pieces and noseband should be parallel and slightly below the corner of the eye (to avoid damage in the event of the bridle pulling across the face), and the arms of the cheeks and noseband must lie behind the horse’s cheekbones.
- The noseband must lie at least one finger or 1cm below the cheekbones, as this is another pressure point area. If the noseband is placed too high on the face it can cause great pain.
- The buckle of the cavesson noseband must sit comfortably at the back of the jaw, in between the jawbones, to avoid creating a pressure point.
- The pad on the back of the crank noseband fastening should not connect to the front of the noseband, as this can cause pinching and subsequent sores.
Tailor-made to perfection with a patented design, the Original British KB Snaffle Bridle has an almost infinite range with over 68,000 options available. Designed with Klaus Balkenhol, the Original KB Bridle minimises pressure, maximises comfort, aids willing submission and improves performance at all levels
The KB Snaffle Bridle features a cutaway headpiece. The slip is anatomically positioned over the padded headpiece to disperse poll pressure. The KB also features an oversized browband to ensure ear clearance to minimise nerve pressure and has a padded noseband for extra comfort
Made from the very best full grain bridle butts the KB which is without doubt one of the most popular bridles on the market today. Renowned for its quality and durability it enhances every horse